Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Excerpt

Then again there must be a reason why I was chosen. I think the universe heard that I wanted so bad to be a better writer - and sent me the perfect challenge to push me to reach higher. Funny how the world works. I wonder if I should be more careful with what I ask for, because - and I say this without arrogance - I usually get it.

Nonetheless, I feel that my writing has vastly improved. Though I know I still have much to learn, the 500 words I wrote this morning is probably one of my best work yet. Unpretentious, honest, yet filled with interesting detail. I wrote with my heart. Though writing each sentence still felt like childbirth (or what I imagine childbirth to feel like), I am less afraid now. And the voice that tells me I'm not good enough grows smaller and smaller with every word I write. I can hear myself more now. And what I hear is beautiful.

No comments: