Friday, November 13, 2009

The Writing on the Wall

I drew this last weekend when I was asked to draw how I would look like if I became everything I wanted to be. Initially the red heart was not part of the picture. I drew a girl with a huge smile, a firm stance, with a sense of sureness and trust in herself. The yellow glow meant power.

But there was no heart. There was nothing inside me.

That's when I realized that the reason why I'm not there yet is because for years I believed that becoming successful meant looking out for yourself and working to death. And when I did not do this, I resigned myself to the fact that maybe success wasn't for me.

I wasn't loving myself enough. That's why I was having such a hard time. I have a hard time forgiving myself when I don't do things perfectly.

I broke down before I drew that big red heart. And when I did draw it in, the heart looked just right and the picture looked complete. I loved the drawing so much that I stuck it on my office wall by my computer. I feel better instantly every time I look at it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love what it stands for...errr you should stick to writing however and not drawing hahaahha mwah!