Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dear Universe

Dear Universe,

I am writing here again because I am sick to my stomach with STRAMA. I have taken down my Facebook site, about - oh, I don't know - about two months ago, but have since channeled my online escapes to Yahoo. Yes, Yahoo. I actually read those rolling headlines, or whatever you call them. Sometimes I succumb to a bit of Twitter just to connect to the outside world somehow.

I am writing here because I am sick of writing about growth, market share, and profit impacts. I feel that my brain has has slowed down to the speed of sludge. The sheer volume of information I have to search for and digest actually - pun intended - makes me want to regurgitate it all. Like my brain shuts down at the sight of all the size 10 Arial letters I crammed into those Powerpoint columns.

I took a leave from work to commit myself fully to writing the paper. The first week ends tomorrow and I just found today that my paper is supposed to take a major step to a very very different direction. Which, unfortunately, require me to take on even MORE WORK. This news, seems to be bringing me to what I believe could be a mild depression.

Or it could just be this impossibly gloomy weather. I envisioned this study leave to have morning runs and 8 hours of work, with normal sleeping hours. But this weather just makes that seem all too criminal, and the only right things to do are to either curl up in bed, ponder on the meaning of life, or just...blog. Whatever it is, it should be something slow. Don't you think?

So Universe, I am writing to you because I need you to take away the anxiety - the source of this stress and resulting procrastination. This way I can write away with a lighter heart, and not feel as incompetent as I do now. I miss my friends, I miss lighter things, and can't wait to breathe easily, finally. And my goodness, to start working on my wedding.

No comments: