Sunday, July 10, 2011

Prayers to St. Anthony

St. Anthony, perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God the special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may find my engagement ring which has been lost.


At least restore to me peace and tranquillity of mind, the loss of which has afflicted me even more than my material loss. To this favor, I ask another of you: that I may always remain in possession of the true good that is God. Let me rather lose all things than lose God, my supreme good. Let me never suffer the loss of my greatest treasure, eternal life with God.

Amen.


O blessed St. Anthony,  the grace of God has made you a powerful advocate  in all our needs and the patron  for the restoring of things lost or stolen.  I turn to you today with childlike love and deep confidence.  You have helped countless children of God  to find the things they have lost, material things, and, more importantly,  the things of the spirit: faith, hope, and love.  I come to you with confidence;  help me in my present need. I recommend what I have lost to your care,  in the hope that God will restore it to me,  if it is His holy Will. 

No comments: