Monday, October 26, 2009

Tuition Fee

Guess what? I backed out of the real estate deal. Yup, said goodbye to my down payment. I figured that was a small price to pay for the huge lesson I learned. My dad knocked some sense into me. Oo nga naman, if all I wanted was independence, I could always rent! Conserve my cash for future investments, which were always available. So what if I didn't have equity? Honestly, the rental rates of the condo I was about to buy was only a fraction of what I could earn with cash. The opportunity cost was a bit too much for my taste. Besides, living on 40% of my income was a beginning to feel a bit too uncomfortable.

So my money went to a few furnishings instead, which I am very happy about. Bought a mattress, a bed frame, sheets with good thread count, an aircon unit, and a few other knick knacks. It was a pain in the ass a few months ago, but damn, now it feels gooooood.

Funny thing is, my lolo backed out of his r
eal estate deal too. Go figure.

No comments: